Friday, June 25, 2004

A lot of lefty bloggers have written about the fact that Dick Cheney on Tuesday cursed out Senator Patrick Leahy on the Senate floor using the F word. They've noted that Cheney promised to bring civility back to Washington.

You know, I could be just another lefty blogger, piling on, criticizing Cheney for this. But I'm not going to do that. I'm going to let someone else comment in my place.

Rush Limbaugh's brother:

...Senator Kerry, in an interview with Rolling Stone magazine, let his stiff hair down just a bit too far in response to a question about how his support for the resolution authorizing war against Iraq damaged his campaign....

 "I voted for what I thought was best for the country. Did I expect Howard Dean to go off to the left and say, 'I'm against everything?' Sure. Did I expect George Bush to f--- it up as badly as he did? I don't think anybody did."

Deborah Orin in the New York Post quoted Brookings Institution presidential scholar Stephen Hess as saying that to his recollection this was the first time a presidential candidate used X-rated language to attack another candidate publicly. "It's so unnecessary," said Hess. "In a way it's a kind of pandering to a group he sees as hip."

Precisely. Democrats must be hip today to appeal to the hipster vote....

We're definitely living in a divided America, with one half (and hopefully more) still clinging to those things almost every American once held sacred, and the remainder having "graduated" to become "progressives." The 2004 election will not only be a contest between the presidential candidates, but a referendum on America's values.


So there you go -- Cheney's trying to destroy traditional values, all because he's desperate to appear "hip."

No comments: