Tuesday, July 27, 2004

OK -- so it's possible no photos were meant to be taken of Kerry in the decontamination suit at the NASA event, and the release of the photos is just yet another dirty trick from an administration that will politicize anything. That's what Mary Beth Cahill, Kerry's campaign manager, is saying; Drudge posts this transcript of her discussion of this with Brit Hume on Fox News. Well, OK -- the campaign fights back. That's somewhat heartening.

**********

Meanwhile, we had Teresa tonight. Not terrible, I guess -- but she was Schoenberg and we want our conventions to be Bruce Springsteen. OK, she was early Schoenberg -- not atonal, but astringent and chromatic and lugubrious. I don't know -- I'm not sure speechifying is really her event.

Dean didn't have much of a speech but had some fire, Ron Reagan was OK, Obama had flashes of brilliance at the end but isn't Clinton yet. I have hopes for Elizabeth Edwards. I bet my mom will like her.

No comments: