Monday, October 11, 2004

Available November 4 (at least in the U.K.):

The Curious Incident of the WMD in Iraq

...the memoirs of a Prime Minister with Asperger’s Syndrome who thinks it is a good idea to launch a war in Iraq.

'Alistair said I should write something I would want to read myself. And I thought about that. I thought that this was good advice. Alistair is always full of good advice. That's why I like him. That and his socks.

The book I would most like to read about is myself. And about my place in history. When I told this to Alistair he smiled. And then he said that the book would need an angle. Something that would catch the reader's imagination. Something that would intrigue them. Something that would "sex it up".

So I said what about WMD.

And Alistair smiled again. But this time it was a slightly different smile.'...


Pre-order it at Amazon.co.uk.

(Via Publishers Lunch.)

No comments: