Thursday, August 07, 2008

ZOMG!!!! OBAMA SAID AMERICA IS SOMETIMES BETTER THAN IT IS AT OTHER TIMES!!!!

Somebody must have had to fetch a double dose of smelling salts for Hot Air's Ed Morrissey -- he's freaking out (as are others on the right) over a campaign clip in which Barack Obama tells a child at a campaign appearance,

America is …, uh, is no longer, uh … what it could be, what it once was. And I say to myself, I don't want that future for my children.

On YouTube the clip is titled "Barack Obama To Little Girl: America's Not So Great."

Er, kids? If it's not permissible to say that America is less great at some moments than it is at other moments, then I guess the guy on this 1980 campaign button is a big fat commie:



This one, too.

Yup, Reagan said we had to make America great again. That meant that, in 1980, he didn't think America was great.

Filthy America-basher. (And I hear he was from Hollywood, too.)

****

UPDATE: I see that Limbaugh is whining about this now. Meanwhile, I go over to Amazon and someone who calls himself "Long-Time Rush Limbaugh Fan" is recommending a Dittohead reading list that includes such titles as Men in Black: How the Supreme Court Is Destroying America and Slouching Towards Gomorrah: Modern Liberalism and American Decline. See, right-wingers are allowed to talk all they want about an America being "destroyed" or being in "decline" -- no patriotism questions there! Well, righties, Barack Obama reserves the same right. The only difference is, he says it's your side's fault. Oh, one other difference: he's right.

No comments: