Thursday, June 25, 2009

MOST FUN WAY TO "GO GALT" EVER!

Well, now I get it: according to Rush Limbaugh, Mark Sanford was "going Galt" -- horizontally.

[Sanford] had just tried to fight the stimulus money coming to South Carolina. He didn't want any part of it. He lost the battle. He said, 'What the hell. I mean, I'm -- the federal government's taking over -- what the hell, I want to enjoy life.'...

I'm not [kidding]. My first thought was he said, 'To hell with this. The Democrats are destroying the country. We can't do anything to stop it. I gave everything I had to stop it here in South Carolina.' ... Folks, there are a lot of people looking at life and saying, 'screw it.' They're saying, 'screw it.' Before Obama takes away their money, before Obama takes away their house, or the economy takes away their house, there are people who are saying, "To hell with all this.... I'm just going to try to enjoy it as much as I can.'


(Audio here.)

Also, I see from Limbaugh's site that he was in Hawaii recently, and his listeners are having a very calm, rational reaction to the Obama presidency:

This is an attitude that is -- hell, I encountered it out in Hawaii over the weekend. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff I heard. I'll just tell you one thing. One guy is saying he's looking for property all over the world to move to.

I said, "You gotta be kidding me." He said, "No." I said, "How in the hell what happens on the mainland going to affect you here?" He's retired. He said, "Rush, we in Hawaii, we have a seven-day supply of anything. Virtually everything we have has to be shipped in here one way or another. We can't feed ourselves on these islands. We don't have any oil on these islands. We don't have any refineries. Everything's got to be delivered here. We have a seven-day supply. This guy starts monkeying around with all the systems in the economy to keep people prosperous, to hell with it. Hanging around here is a death sentence." That's the way he's looking at it. A couple other people were not that far gone, but they were talking about, "Yeah, you know, I just indulge myself as often as I can now. I try to enjoy myself as much as I can before all hell breaks loose." They're not even thinking about what they can do to stop it.


I'd love to know the names of these guys, because if someone goes Von Brunn in Hawaii in a few months, it would be nice to know if there's a match.

*****

Meanwhile, a look at one of yesterday's transcripts suggests that Limbaugh's principal sexual thrill these days is reciting one particular phrase as often as possible:

By the way, another sign to put on your TV if you're going to watch the Obama infomercial tonight on ABC: "Free Breast Implants?" with a question mark. Either put "These People are Going to Die of Anal Poisoning," or "Free Breast Implants?"

Now that so many observers have pointed out his anal obsession, plus the fact that "anal poisoning" is apparently his coinage, I guess he just says this every chance he gets now, like a child screaming the one phrase he's been told not to say.

No comments: